Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy Lunar New Year + Mini Haul

Happy Lunar New Year! I hope everyone is able to spend some quality time with their families this week My family didn't really do anything special today, but my dad make some special soup to ring in the new year! My cousin also came over to send his blessings and brought his son over. Gosh, he's about 1.5 years old now and wow this kid can run! I was playing with him and anything that caught his attention he immediately went after it. But he was such a cutie When he was leaving he was blowing kisses at everyone!

Isn't he adorable? LOL

While running last minute errands today with my dad, I asked him if we could stop by CVS because I wanted to check out the Milani 75% off clearance sale that G had talked about on her blog. If you don't know who G is, she runs the blog called “Nouveau Cheap” and constantly updates when there is a massive drugstore clearance going on! I love her blog so much So I did a mini haul at CVS today

The total was about $6, which is almost the same price if you are buying ONE of the Milani blushes at original price! O: So this was a total steal! I bought one nail polish, 2 blushes and a bronzer. I would have bought more but my dad was waiting outside in the car and we had other errands to run so I just quickly chose these items. So far, I only opened the bronzer and I noticed that there is a little bit of shimmer

If you enlarge the picture, you'll see tiny gold shimmers in it

I'm hoping that the shimmer is only on the top layer and will go away with continuous usage~

I will be testing these products as the days go along so a review+swatches will be coming soon!

P.S. If you are planning to go to your local CVS to check out the Milani clearance, I suggest you take a look at the list of products on sale that G has compiled on her blog (Click here!)and take the item up to the CVS price scanner! Some CVS's did not put a sticker on the product saying that they are on clearance (like mines) so it never hurts to scan it at the price scanner


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Happy Lunar New Year to you too Yumeko!

      PS. I love your blog! ^^ <3

      Delete
  2. I am on my way to CVS thanks! If you have a chance, please check out/follow my fashion blog. It will mean the world to me if you did. Thanks so much in advance!

    ReplyDelete